Brenda A. Smith, MA, LPC
Brenda is a professional and licensed counselor located in the Aurora Colordao region. She enjoys providing hey clients with the tools to build a life filled with peace, joy, and strength. Believing that relationships are a journey with predictable challenges and opportunities for us to evolve as a person. Her counseling techniques focus in on the more you show up the more you grow, and the more you grow the more able you are to love.
With a personal philosophy that in life everything happens for a reason, and applying that approach to her counseling techniques. Her approach encompasses that nothing is off limits to explore. This is because we push through with compassionate curiosity of our past experiences, and aim for the loving truth to accept and grow.
For over 15 years Brenda Smith has been an active student of body-centered healing and spiritual practices. This has prepared her to offer support in an authentic and solid way in order to serve her clients in reaching their therapeutic goals. Having experienced the trials and tribulations of co-parenting, mothering a teenage boy, and being a single parent, as well as the pain of divorce and the struggle of hanging in there while healing relationship wounds. Brenda brings real life experience as well as specialized training to her work with couples and individuals. With a passion for issues related to couples and family conflicts, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, grief, and depression. Brenda brings a wealth of experience to her work with both individuals and couples.
Some of the tools she uses include:
- The Developmental Relationship Model
- Somatic Experiencing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- New Brain Science findings
- EMDR, Inner Child / Parts therapy
- Body-Centered Inquiry
- Attachment Healing
- Gestalt techniques.
While she has many tools available, she tailors her approach to fit the needs of each couple and individual client. Providing a safe and supportive relationship for you to explore your vulnerabilities, inner world, relationship patterns. Processing your life challenges so that you can experience the healing power of true acceptance and high regard for your own journey. Call Brenda today and see how she can help you get the life and relationships that you desire.
Click Here to learn more.
Brenda's Education and Certifications
- IFS-institute.com Level One and Beyond
- Developmental Relationship Model Training: The Couples Institute
- Somatic Experiencing Training: Somatic Experiencing Institute. Intermediate Certification
- Memory, Trauma, and Transference Certificate: Love and Trauma Center.
- Trauma Containment and Resolution, fifty hours, Certificate
- Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning Experience Training: level one and two
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship,
- EMDR level one certificate
- M.A. Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education, Couples and Family. University of Colorado at Denver, 2004.
- B.A. Psychology, Human Services Minor, Metropolitan State College of Denver, 1999.